Top 10 Pet Peeves of Legal Pros
What irritates you the most as a legal pro? Here’s what your fellow specialists say about their biggest pet peeves on Reddit.
1. “When someone sends me a scan of a printed document instead of a PDF of the original.” — read more
2. “In some utility rate cases, I suspect folks print out their Word documents, fax them to themselves a couple times, then scan the result to a PDF rendering it completely unsearchable and impervious to OCR.” — read more
3. “When someone sends me a document that is cobbled together from a bunch of other documents and all the formatting, font, and codes are absolutely … You add a space somewhere and suddenly you have 3 pages of blank space and half the document becomes bullets and numbers.” — read more
4. “Microsoft Word Autoformatting.” — read more
5. “Receiving documents from my client late.” — read more
6. “When someone just adds tabs all over the place that don’t make sense. You don’t need 50 different tabs for a notary block.” — read more
7. “My pet peeve is getting multi-page docs from other lawyers without page numbers. Drives me crazy!!!!” — read more
8. “My biggest peeve is when I tell someone that something will take an hour and a half and they come back in 45 minutes to bother me for it.” — read more
9. “Ordering medical records. It’s a nightmare trying to gather records these days. I wish my boss would just hire an outside company to do it for us.” — read more
10. “Our industry’s perverse hate for the Oxford Comma. We’re like the most important job to use it, and we don’t for some reason.” — read more
Bonus (To Wrap Up on a High Note):
“I never have to transcribe. #blessed” — read more
What’s your biggest pet peeve?
P.S. If thinking about reviewing and editing contracts stresses you out, try Loio. It’ll make document drafting so much faster and more enjoyable!