The purposes of the corporation are as provided in its articles of incorporation and include—
(1) holding true allegiance to the United States Government and fidelity to its Constitution, laws, and institutions;
(2) serving our Nation under God in peace as well as in war by fostering the ideals of faith and patriotism, loyalty, justice, and liberty, by inculcating in the hearts of young and old, through precept and practice, the spirit of true Americanism, and by participating in civic activities for the good of our country and our community;
(3) uniting in fraternal fellowship those who have served, or are now serving, honorably in the Armed Forces of the United States;
(4) protecting and advancing their civic, social, and economic welfare;
(5) aiding them in sickness and distress;
(6) assisting in the burial and commemoration of their dead and providing help for their widows and orphans; and
(7) perpetuating the memory of patriotic deeds performed by the defenders of our country.
Historical and Revision Notes Revised SectionSource (U.S. Code)Source (Statutes at Large)22903 36:3903. Nov. 6, 1986, Pub. L. 99–604, §3, 100 Stat. 3446. Before clause (1), the word "objects" is omitted as included in "purposes".
36 U.S.C. § 22903 (2018)
Disclaimer: Lawrina maintains this website to enhance public access to information about its activities. We make an effort to keep the information about codes timely and accurate. Please note that we cannot guarantee that the U.S.C 2018, Title 36, Subtitle II, Part b, Chapter 229, Section 22903 — Purposes — exactly reproduces the officially adopted text.