The purposes of the corporation are as provided in the articles of incorporation and include—
(1) encouraging fraternity for the common good;
(2) fostering patriotism and loyalty;
(3) assisting widows and orphans of deceased ex-prisoners of war;
(4) assisting ex-prisoners of war who have been injured or disabled as a result of their service;
(5) maintaining allegiance to the United States;
(6) preserving and defending the United States from all enemies; and
(7) maintaining historical records.
Historical and Revision Notes Revised SectionSource (U.S. Code)Source (Statutes at Large)20903 36:2103. Aug. 10, 1982, Pub. L. 97–234, §3, 96 Stat. 261. Before clause (1), the words "objects and" are omitted as unnecessary. In clause (5), the words "of America" are omitted for consistency.
Disclaimer: Lawrina maintains this website to enhance public access to information about its activities. We make an effort to keep the information about codes timely and accurate. Please note that we cannot guarantee that the U.S.C 2018, Title 36, Subtitle II, Part b, Chapter 209, Section 20903 — Purposes — exactly reproduces the officially adopted text.