The purposes of the corporation are—
(1) to form a bond of friendship and comradeship among all holders of the Medal of Honor as presented by Congress;
(2) to protect, uphold, and preserve the dignity and honor of the medal at all times and on all occasions;
(3) to protect the name of the medal and individual holders of the medal from exploitation;
(4) to provide appropriate aid to all persons to whom the medal has been awarded, their widows, or their children;
(5) to serve our country in peace as in war;
(6) to inspire and stimulate our youth to become worthy citizens of our country; and
(7) to foster and perpetuate Americanism.
Historical and Revision Notes Revised SectionSource (U.S. Code)Source (Statutes at Large)40502 36:793. Aug. 14, 1958, Pub. L. 85–642, §3, 72 Stat. 598. Before clause (1), the word "objects" is omitted as included in "purposes". In clause (5), the words "we did" are omitted to avoid the grammatical construction using the first person.
Disclaimer: Lawrina maintains this website to enhance public access to information about its activities. We make an effort to keep the information about codes timely and accurate. Please note that we cannot guarantee that the U.S.C 2018, Title 36, Subtitle II, Part b, Chapter 405, Section 40502 — Purposes — exactly reproduces the officially adopted text.