The purposes of the corporation are as provided in the articles of incorporation and include—
(1) perpetuating the memory of members of the 82nd Airborne Division who fought and died for this country;
(2) furthering the common bond between retired and active members of the 82nd Airborne Division;
(3) providing educational assistance in the form of college scholarships and grants to the qualified children of current and former members of the 82nd Airborne Division;
(4) promoting civic and patriotic activities; and
(5) promoting the indispensable role of airborne defense to the national security of the United States.
Historical and Revision Notes Revised SectionSource (U.S. Code)Source (Statutes at Large)60103 36:4803. Nov. 5, 1990, Pub. L. 101–510, title XVI, §1603, 104 Stat. 1736. Before clause (1), the word "objects" is omitted as included in "purposes".
Disclaimer: Lawrina maintains this website to enhance public access to information about its activities. We make an effort to keep the information about codes timely and accurate. Please note that we cannot guarantee that the U.S.C 2018, Title 36, Subtitle II, Part b, Chapter 601, Section 60103 — Purposes — exactly reproduces the officially adopted text.