(1) an agreement (including an assessment agreement) that has been filed and is effective under this chapter;
(2) an agreement that is exempt under section 40103 of this title from any requirement of this part;
(3) an agreement or activity within the scope of this part, whether permitted under or prohibited by this part, undertaken or entered into with a reasonable basis to conclude that it is—
(A) pursuant to an agreement on file with the Federal Maritime Commission and in effect when the activity takes place; or
(B) exempt under section 40103 of this title from any filing or publication requirement of this part;
(4) an agreement or activity relating to transportation services within or between foreign countries, whether or not via the United States, unless the agreement or activity has a direct, substantial, and reasonably foreseeable effect on the commerce of the United States;
(5) an agreement or activity relating to the foreign inland segment of through transportation that is part of transportation provided in a United States import or export trade;
(6) an agreement or activity to provide wharfage, dock, warehouse, or other terminal facilities outside the United States; or
(7) an agreement, modification, or cancellation approved before June 18, 1984, by the Commission under section 15 of the Shipping Act, 1916, or permitted under section 14b of that Act, and any properly published tariff, rate, fare, or charge, or classification, rule, or regulation explanatory thereof implementing that agreement, modification, or cancellation.
(1) an agreement with or among air carriers, rail carriers, motor carriers, tug operators, or common carriers by water not subject to this part relating to transportation within the United States;
(2) a discussion or agreement among common carriers subject to this part relating to the inland divisions (as opposed to the inland portions) of through rates within the United States;
(3) an agreement among common carriers subject to this part to establish, operate, or maintain a marine terminal in the United States; or
(4) a loyalty contract.