(1) the number, type, and tonnage of the vessels being offered for bareboat charter for operation as a steamship line on a designated trade route;
(2) the minimum number of sailings required;
(3) the length of time of the charter;
(4) the right of the Secretary to reject all bids; and
(5) other information the Secretary considers necessary for the information of prospective bidders.
|Source (U.S. Code)||Source (Statutes at Large)|
|57512(a)||46 App.:1196(a) (1st sentence).||June 29, 1936, ch. 858, title VII, §706(a), (b) (1st sentence related to announcement), 49 Stat. 2009; Pub. L. 97–31, §12(108), Aug. 6, 1981, 95 Stat. 163.|
|57512(b)||46 App.:1196(a) (last sentence), (b) (1st sentence related to announcement).|
|57512(c)||46 App.:1193(c) (related to chartering).||June 29, 1936, ch. 858, title VII, §703(c) (related to chartering), 49 Stat. 2008; Pub. L. 97–31, §12(105), Aug. 6, 1981, 95 Stat. 163.|
Subsection (b)(4) is substituted for "announce in his advertisements for bids that the Secretary of Transportation reserves the right to, reject any and all bids submitted" in 46 App. U.S.C. 1196(b) to improve the organization.
In subsection (c), the words "Bids required under this section" are substituted for "All bids required by the Secretary of Transportation . . . and for the chartering of the Secretary's vessels hereinafter provided for" to eliminate unnecessary words. The word "hour" is omitted as covered by "time".
Disclaimer: Lawrina maintains this website to enhance public access to information about its activities. We make an effort to keep the information about codes timely and accurate. Please note that we cannot guarantee that the U.S.C, Title 46, Section 57512 — Competitive bidding — exactly reproduces the officially adopted text.