(1) a foreign port—
(A) served by vessels documented under chapter 121 of this title; or
(B) from which foreign vessels depart on a voyage to the United States; and
(2) any other foreign port the Secretary believes poses a security risk to international maritime commerce.
(1) screening of containerized and other cargo and baggage;
(2) security measures to restrict access to cargo, vessels, and dockside property to authorized personnel only;
(3) additional security on board vessels;
(4) licensing or certification of compliance with appropriate security standards;
(5) the security management program of the foreign port; and
(6) other appropriate measures to deter terrorism against the United States.
(1) the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of State—
(A) on the terrorist threat that exists in each country involved; and
(B) to identify foreign ports that pose a high risk of introducing terrorism to international maritime commerce;
(2) appropriate authorities of foreign governments; and
(3) operators of vessels.
(A) conducted the assessment in accordance with subsection (b); and
(B) provided the Secretary with sufficient information pertaining to its assessment (including, but not limited to, information on the outcome of the assessment).
(A) conduct an assessment, required under subsection (a);
(B) share information pertaining to such assessment (including, but not limited to, information on the outcome of the assessment); or
(A) require the Secretary to recognize an assessment that a foreign government or an international organization has conducted; or
(B) limit the discretion or ability of the Secretary to conduct an assessment under this section.
2016—Subsec. (f). Pub. L. 114–120 added subsec. (f).
2010—Subsec. (c)(2) to (4). Pub. L. 111–281, §806(c)(2)(B), redesignated pars. (3) and (4) as (2) and (3), respectively, and struck out former par. (2) which read as follows: "the Secretary of the Treasury;".
Subsec. (e). Pub. L. 111–281, §806(a)(1), added subsec. (e).
2006—Subsec. (d). Pub. L. 109–347 added subsec. (d).
Disclaimer: Lawrina maintains this website to enhance public access to information about its activities. We make an effort to keep the information about codes timely and accurate. Please note that we cannot guarantee that the U.S.C, Title 46, Section 70108 — Foreign port assessment — exactly reproduces the officially adopted text.