(1) criteria to be followed in selecting a person to whom authority is to be delegated;
(2) a detailed description of the duties and powers to be carried out by the person to whom authority is delegated, including the records the person shall keep; and
(3) the review the Secretary will conduct to decide whether the person is carrying out the delegated duties and powers properly.
(1) assess or collect, or attempt to assess or collect, a penalty for violation of the Convention, this chapter, or an order issued by the Secretary under this chapter; or
(2) issue or attempt to issue a detention or other order.
(1) the name and address of each person to whom authority is delegated;
(2) the duties and powers delegated; and
(3) the period of the delegation.
|Source (U.S. Code)||Source (Statutes at Large)|
|80506||46 App.:1503(c)(2), (d).||Pub. L. 95–208, §4(c)(2), (d), Dec. 13, 1977, 91 Stat. 1477.|
Subsections (a) and (f) are substituted for 46 App. U.S.C. 1503(c)(2) and (d) (1st sentence) to improve the organization of the section.
In subsection (b)(1), the words "person to whom authority is to be delegated" are substituted for "person, public or private agency, or nonprofit organization as a recipient of delegated functions under such subsection" to eliminate unnecessary words.
Subsection (b)(2) is substituted for "the manner in which such recipient shall carry out such delegated functions, including the records such recipient must keep, and a detailed description of the exact functions such recipient may exercise" to eliminate unnecessary words.
Subsections (c)–(e) are substituted for 46 App. U.S.C. 1503(d) (last par.) to improve the organization of the section and to eliminate unnecessary words.
Disclaimer: Lawrina maintains this website to enhance public access to information about its activities. We make an effort to keep the information about codes timely and accurate. Please note that we cannot guarantee that the U.S.C, Title 46, Section 80506 — Delegation of authority — exactly reproduces the officially adopted text.