In this chapter—
(1) the definitions in section 50501 of this title apply.
(2) "commercial space transportation infrastructure development" includes—
(A) construction, improvement, design, and engineering of space transportation infrastructure in the United States; and
(B) technical studies to define how new or enhanced space transportation infrastructure can best meet the needs of the United States commercial space transportation industry.
(3) "project" means a project (or separate projects submitted together) to carry out commercial space transportation infrastructure development, including the combined submission of all projects to be undertaken at a particular site in a fiscal year.
(4) "project grant" means a grant of an amount by the Secretary of Transportation to a sponsor for one or more projects.
(5) "public agency" means a State or an agency of a State, a political subdivision of a State, or a tax-supported organization.
(6) "sponsor" means a public agency that, individually or jointly with one or more other public agencies, submits to the Secretary under this chapter an application for a project grant.
(Pub. L. 103–272, §1(e), July 5, 1994, 108 Stat. 1343, §70301 of title 49; renumbered §70301 then §51101 of title 51 and amended Pub. L. 111–314, §4(d)(2), (4)(A), (6)(A), Dec. 18, 2010, 124 Stat. 3440–3442.)
|Source (U.S. Code)||Source (Statutes at Large)|
|70301||15:5804(a).||Nov. 4, 1992, Pub. L. 102–588, §505(a), 106 Stat. 5124.|
Clause (1) is added to incorporate the definitions in 15:5802.
In clause (2), the word "includes" is substituted for "may include" for consistency in the revised title and with other titles of the United States Code.
In clause (5), the words "municipality or other" are omitted for consistency.
The text of 15:5804(5) is omitted as unnecessary because the complete name of the Secretary of Transportation is used the first time the term appears in a section.
2010—Pub. L. 111–314, §4(d)(2), (4)(A), successively renumbered section 70301 of title 49 and section 70301 of this title as this section.
Par. (1). Pub. L. 111–314, §4(d)(6)(A), substituted "section 50501 of this title" for "section 502 of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act, Fiscal Year 1993 (15 U.S.C. 5802)".
Disclaimer: Lawrina maintains this website to enhance public access to information about its activities. We make an effort to keep the information about codes timely and accurate. Please note that we cannot guarantee that the U.S.C, Title 51, Section 51101 — Definitions — exactly reproduces the officially adopted text.