(A) the contribution of the project to industry capabilities that serve the United States Government's space transportation needs;
(B) the extent of industry's financial contribution to the project;
(C) the extent of industry's participation in the project;
(D) the positive impact of the project on the international competitiveness of the United States space transportation industry;
(E) the extent of State contributions to the project; and
(F) the impact of the project on launch operations and other activities at Government launch ranges.
(2) The Secretary of Transportation shall consult with the Secretary of Defense, the Administrator of the National Space and Aeronautics Administration, and the heads of other appropriate agencies of the Government about paragraph (1)(A) and (F) of this subsection.
(1) the project will contribute to the purposes of this chapter;
(2) the project is reasonably consistent with plans (existing at the time of approval of the project) of public agencies that are—
(A) authorized by the State in which the project is located; and
(B) responsible for the development of the area surrounding the project site;
(3) if the application proposes to use Government property, the specific consent of the head of the appropriate agency has been obtained;
(4) the project will be completed without unreasonable delay;
(5) the sponsor submitting the application has the legal authority to engage in the project; and
(6) any additional requirements prescribed by the Secretary have been met.
(Pub. L. 103–272, §1(e), July 5, 1994, 108 Stat. 1344, §70303 of title 49; renumbered §70303 then §51103 of title 51, Pub. L. 111–314, §4(d)(2), (4)(C), Dec. 18, 2010, 124 Stat. 3440, 3441.)
|Source (U.S. Code)||Source (Statutes at Large)|
|70303(a)||15:5804(d)(1).||Nov. 4, 1992, Pub. L. 102–588, §505(c), (d), 106 Stat. 5125.|
In subsection (a), the words "for one or more projects" are omitted as unnecessary because of the definition of "project" in section 70301 of the revised title.
In subsection (c)(5), the words "as proposed" are omitted as surplus.
2010—Pub. L. 111–314 successively renumbered section 70303 of title 49 and section 70303 of this title as this section.
Disclaimer: Lawrina maintains this website to enhance public access to information about its activities. We make an effort to keep the information about codes timely and accurate. Please note that we cannot guarantee that the U.S.C, Title 51, Section 51103 — Grant applications — exactly reproduces the officially adopted text.