(1) ensure that unenhanced data are available to all users at the cost of fulfilling user requests;
(2) ensure timely and dependable delivery of unenhanced data to the full spectrum of civilian, national security, commercial, and foreign users and the National Satellite Land Remote Sensing Data Archive;
(3) ensure that the United States retains ownership of all unenhanced data generated by Landsat 7;
(4) support the development of the commercial market for remote sensing data;
(5) ensure that the provision of commercial value-added services based on remote sensing data remains exclusively the function of the private sector; and
(6) to the extent possible, ensure that the data distribution system for Landsat 7 is compatible with the Earth Observing System Data and Information System.
(1) United States private sector entities to operate ground receiving stations in the United States for Landsat 7 data;
(2) other means for direct access by private sector entities to unenhanced data from Landsat 7; and
(3) the United States Government to charge a per image fee, license fee, or other such fee to entities operating ground receiving stations or distributing Landsat 7 data.
|Source (U.S. Code)||Source (Statutes at Large)|
|60113||15 U.S.C. 5615(a), (b).||Pub. L. 102–555, title I, §105(a), (b), Oct. 28, 1992, 106 Stat. 4170.|
Disclaimer: Lawrina maintains this website to enhance public access to information about its activities. We make an effort to keep the information about codes timely and accurate. Please note that we cannot guarantee that the U.S.C, Title 51, Section 60113 — Data policy for Landsat 7 — exactly reproduces the officially adopted text.