(1) maintain an archive of land remote sensing data for historical, scientific, and technical purposes, including long-term global environmental monitoring;
(2) control the content and scope of the archive; and
(3) ensure the quality, integrity, and continuity of the archive.
(1) use as a baseline the data archived on October 28, 1992;
(2) take into account future technical and scientific developments and needs, paying particular attention to the anticipated data requirements of global environmental change research;
(3) consult with and seek the advice of users and producers of remote sensing data and data products;
(4) consider the need for data which may be duplicative in terms of geographical coverage but which differ in terms of season, spectral bands, resolution, or other relevant factors;
(5) include, as the Secretary of the Interior considers appropriate, unenhanced data generated either by the Landsat system, pursuant to subchapter II, or by licensees under subchapter III;
(6) include, as the Secretary of the Interior considers appropriate, data collected by foreign ground stations or by foreign remote sensing space systems; and
(7) ensure that the content of the archive is developed in accordance with section 60146 of this title.
|Source (U.S. Code)||Source (Statutes at Large)|
|60142||15 U.S.C. 5652.||Pub. L. 102–555, title V, §502, Oct. 28, 1992, 106 Stat. 4176.|
In subsection (b), the words "hereafter in this section" are substituted for "hereinafter" for clarity.
In subsection (c), in the matter before paragraph (1), the words "of the Interior" are substituted for "of Interior" to correct an error in the law.
In subsection (c)(1), the date "October 28, 1992" is substituted for "the date of enactment of this Act" to reflect the date of enactment of the Land Remote Sensing Policy Act of 1992 (Public Law 102–555, 106 Stat. 4163).
Disclaimer: Lawrina maintains this website to enhance public access to information about its activities. We make an effort to keep the information about codes timely and accurate. Please note that we cannot guarantee that the U.S.C, Title 51, Section 60142 — Archiving of data — exactly reproduces the officially adopted text.