As used in this chapter, the term—
(1) "accessible" means accessible to handicapped and elderly individuals for the purpose of voting or registration, as determined under guidelines established by the chief election officer of the State involved;
(2) "elderly" means 65 years of age or older;
(3) "Federal election" means a general, special, primary, or runoff election for the office of President or Vice President, or of Senator or Representative in, or Delegate or Resident Commissioner to, the Congress;
(4) "handicapped" means having a temporary or permanent physical disability; and
(5) "State" means a State of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and any territory or possesssion 1 of the United States.
Section was formerly classified to section 1973ee–6 of Title 42, The Public Health and Welfare, prior to editorial reclassification and renumbering as this section.
Section applicable with respect to elections taking place after Dec. 31, 1985, see section 9 of Pub. L. 98–435, set out as a note under section 20101 of this title.
Disclaimer: Lawrina maintains this website to enhance public access to information about its activities. We make an effort to keep the information about codes timely and accurate. Please note that we cannot guarantee that the U.S.C, Title 52, Section 20107 — Definitions — exactly reproduces the officially adopted text.