As used in this chapter—
(1) the term "election" has the meaning stated in section 30101(1) of this title;
(2) the term "Federal office" has the meaning stated in section 30101(3) of this title;
(3) the term "motor vehicle driver's license" includes any personal identification document issued by a State motor vehicle authority;
(4) the term "State" means a State of the United States and the District of Columbia; and
(5) the term "voter registration agency" means an office designated under section 20506(a)(1) of this title to perform voter registration activities.
Section was formerly classified to section 1973gg–1 of Title 42, The Public Health and Welfare, prior to editorial reclassification and renumbering as this section.
Disclaimer: Lawrina maintains this website to enhance public access to information about its activities. We make an effort to keep the information about codes timely and accurate. Please note that we cannot guarantee that the U.S.C, Title 52, Section 20502 — Definitions — exactly reproduces the officially adopted text.