(1) compile a list of System units with the highest rates of violent crime;
(2) make recommendations concerning capital improvements, and other measures, needed within the System to reduce the rates of violent crime, including the rate of sexual assault; and
(3) publish the information required by paragraphs (1) and (2) in the Federal Register.
(1) to increase lighting within or adjacent to System units;
(2) to provide emergency phone lines to contact law enforcement or security personnel in areas within or adjacent to System units;
(3) to increase security or law enforcement personnel within or adjacent to System units; or
(4) for any other project intended to increase the security and safety of System units.
|Source (U.S. Code)||Source (Statutes at Large)|
|102702||16 U.S.C. 1a–7a.||Pub. L. 91–383, §13, as added Pub. L. 103–322, title IV, §40132, Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 1917.|
Disclaimer: Lawrina maintains this website to enhance public access to information about its activities. We make an effort to keep the information about codes timely and accurate. Please note that we cannot guarantee that the U.S.C, Title 54, Section 102702 — Crime prevention assistance — exactly reproduces the officially adopted text.