(1) advise the President and Congress on matters relating to historic preservation, recommend measures to coordinate activities of Federal, State, and local agencies and private institutions and individuals relating to historic preservation, and advise on the dissemination of information pertaining to those activities;
(2) encourage, in cooperation with the National Trust and appropriate private agencies, public interest and participation in historic preservation;
(3) recommend the conduct of studies in such areas as—
(A) the adequacy of legislative and administrative statutes and regulations pertaining to historic preservation activities of State and local governments; and
(B) the effects of tax policies at all levels of government on historic preservation;
(4) advise as to guidelines for the assistance of State and local governments in drafting legislation relating to historic preservation;
(5) encourage, in cooperation with appropriate public and private agencies and institutions, training and education in the field of historic preservation;
(6) review the policies and programs of Federal agencies and recommend to Federal agencies methods to improve the effectiveness, coordination, and consistency of those policies and programs with the policies and programs carried out under this division; and
(7) inform and educate Federal agencies, State and local governments, Indian tribes, other nations and international organizations and private groups and individuals as to the Council's authorized activities.
|Source (U.S. Code)||Source (Statutes at Large)|
|304102||16 U.S.C. 470j.||Pub. L. 89–665, title II, §202, Oct. 15, 1966, 80 Stat. 918; Pub. L. 96–515, title III, §301(g), Dec. 12, 1980, 94 Stat. 2999.|
Disclaimer: Lawrina maintains this website to enhance public access to information about its activities. We make an effort to keep the information about codes timely and accurate. Please note that we cannot guarantee that the U.S.C, Title 54, Section 304102 — Duties of Council — exactly reproduces the officially adopted text.