(1) produce and disseminate appropriate educational materials, such as handbooks, maps, interpretive guides, or electronic information;
(2) enter into appropriate cooperative agreements and memoranda of understanding to provide technical assistance under subsection (c); and
(3) create and adopt an official, uniform symbol or device for the national network and issue regulations for its use.
(1) All System units and programs of the Service determined by the Secretary to pertain to the Underground Railroad.
(2) Other Federal, State, local, and privately owned properties pertaining to the Underground Railroad that have a verifiable connection to the Underground Railroad and that are included on, or determined by the Secretary to be eligible for inclusion on, the National Register of Historic Places.
(3) Other governmental and nongovernmental facilities and programs of an educational, research, or interpretive nature that are directly related to the Underground Railroad.
(1) to the heads of other Federal agencies, States, localities, regional governmental bodies, and private entities; and
(2) in cooperation with the Secretary of State, to the governments of Canada, Mexico, and any appropriate country in the Caribbean.
|Source (U.S. Code)||Source (Statutes at Large)|
|308302||16 U.S.C. 469l–1.||Pub. L. 105–203, §3, July 21, 1998, 112 Stat. 679; Pub. L. 110–229, title III, subtitle G, §361(a)(1), May 8, 2008, 122 Stat. 801.|
In subsection (a), the words "a program to be known as" are omitted as unnecessary. The words "national network" are substituted for "program" because of the definition of "national network" in section 308301 of this title and for consistency with subsections (b) and (c).
Disclaimer: Lawrina maintains this website to enhance public access to information about its activities. We make an effort to keep the information about codes timely and accurate. Please note that we cannot guarantee that the U.S.C, Title 54, Section 308302 — Program — exactly reproduces the officially adopted text.