§ 820-2-2-.18. Electronic Voter Registration
(1) Pursuant to the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act, codified at Code of Ala. 1975, Sections 8-1A-1 et seq., the Secretary of State and voter registration agencies may develop and implement electronic voter registration. All electronic voter registration forms developed and implemented under this paragraph are subject to review by, and the approval of, the Secretary of State.
(2) As required by Rule 820-2-2-.05, the Secretary of State shall prescribe all voter registration forms to be used in voter registration activities provided for in Code of Ala. 1975, Section 17-4-60, paragraphs (b), (c), (d), and (f).
(3) The county boards of registrars shall accept and process electronic voter registration forms through the electronic system developed pursuant to paragraph (2), supra.
(4) The data collected through the electronic voter registration process shall be subject to all of the same protections as paper-based voter registration applications as provided for in Code of Ala. 1975, Section 17-3-52 and any applicable regulations.
(5) If the electronic voter registration form originates from an electronic voter registration process developed by a voter registration agency, said agency shall maintain the electronic signature of the voter registration applicant. Said signature shall be made available for law enforcement and/or forensic purposes.(New Rule: Filed September 31, 2013; effective March 7, 2013. Amended by Alabama Administrative Monthly Volume XXXIV, Issue No. 06, March 31, 2016, eff. April 18, 2016.)
New Rule was adopted and original rules .18 through .30 was renumbered as per certification filed March 4, 2016; effective April 18, 2016.
Authors: Edward Packard; Jean Brown; R. Joel Laird, Jr.
Statutory Authority: Code of Ala. 1975, §§ 17-4-63, 8-1A-1 et seq., Attorney General's Opinion No. 2009-084.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this website is consistently reviewed to ensure accuracy. However, we cannot guarantee that Section 820-2-2-.18 Electronic Voter Registration is updated to the latest version. Please refer to official resources to confirm information accuracy.