§ 820-2-2-.25. Mail-In Voter Registration Form
APPLICANT'S CITIZENSHIP FOR VOTING PURPOSES (Form C-4)
Complete and submit only if applicant has not submitted satisfactory documentary proof of citizenship.
I,__________, hereby request a hearing with the county Board of Registrars. In support thereof, I affirm as follows:
I am a United States citizen but do not possess or have access to any of the following documents showing United States Citizenship:
(1) A driver's license or nondriver's identification card issued by the division of motor vehicles or the equivalent governmental agency of any state within the United States provided that the governmental agency of another state within the U.S. requires proof of lawful presence (i.e., U.S. citizenship) in the U.S. as a condition of issuance of the driver's license or nondriver's identification card. Alabama driver's license or nondriver's ID card must be a "Star" license or ID.
(2) A birth certificate indicating birth in the U.S. or one of its territories.
(3) Pertinent pages of a valid or expired passport identifying me and my passport number, or presentation of my U.S. passport.
(4) United States naturalization documents or the number of the certificate of naturalization.
(5) Other documents or methods of proof of United States citizenship issued by the federal government pursuant to the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, and amendments thereto.
(6) A Bureau of Indian Affairs card number, tribal treaty card number, or tribal enrollment number.
(7) A consular report of birth abroad of a citizen of the United States of America.
(8) A certificate of citizenship issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(9) A certification of report of birth issued by the United States Department of State.
(10) An American Indian card, with KIC classification, issued by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
(11) A final adoption decree showing my name and United States birthplace.
(12) An official United States military record of service showing my place of birth in the United States.
(13) An extract from a United States hospital record of birth created at the time of my birth indicating my place of birth in the United States.
(14) Federal confirmation of U.S. citizenship under 8 U.S.C. § 1373.
I believe that I am a United States citizen based upon the following information:
(Provide the details as to why or how you became a citizen of the United States.)
I submit herewith the following documentation that proves that I am a United States citizen:
(Attach copies of any documentation that you believe demonstrates citizenship, such as newspaper birth announcements, family Bible entries, certificate of foreign birth if it reflects U.S. citizenship, affidavits signed by three U.S. citizens who know you are a U.S. citizen and have known you for 10 years or more, etc.)
NOTICE OF RIGHT TO HEARING BEFORE THE COUNTY BOARD OF REGISTRARS
I understand that I am entitled to a hearing before the Board of Registrars and an opportunity to testify and to present witnesses and additional evidence of citizenship if the Board does not determine that I have provided satisfactory evidence of citizenship based upon the information that I have supplied above. I understand that I have the right to have counsel, provided at my own expense, present at said hearing. I understand that notice of the hearing will be mailed to the address that I have provided at least five days prior to the hearing date.
Signature of applicant Mail completed form and attached documents to your local Board of Registrars.(Amended by Alabama Administrative Monthly Volume XXXIII, Issue No. 01, October 31, 2014, eff. November 13, 2014. Amended by Alabama Administrative Monthly Volume XXXVII, Issue No. 08, May 31, eff. June 27, 2019.)
Rule .24 was renumbered .25 as per certification filed March 4, 2016; effective April 18, 2016.
Authors: Jean Brown; Edward Packard; William Sutton
Statutory Authority: Code of Ala. 1975, §§ 31-13-28 (2012), 17-3-1 (2006).
Disclaimer: The information provided on this website is consistently reviewed to ensure accuracy. However, we cannot guarantee that Section 820-2-2-.25 Mail-In Voter Registration Form is updated to the latest version. Please refer to official resources to confirm information accuracy.