§ 822-X-1-.06. Registration And Re-Registration Of Accredited Training Courses And Accredited Individuals
(1) Registration and re-registration of accredited training courses
(a) Safe State accredited training or refresher training courses will be entered in the Registry for the first year of accreditation at no additional fee for a period ending May 31 following accreditation. For subsequent years the training program may submit to Safe State a written application for re-registration.
(b) Re-registration will be for one year, June 1 through May 31. To ensure continuing registration of its training or refresher training courses, a training program must submit a complete application for re-registration no later than April 30 of each year. If a training program fails to complete timely re-registration for a training course the registration or re-registration for that training course shall expire and the training course will be deleted from the Registry. A complete application for re-registration shall include the following:
1. A list of training and refresher training courses to be re-registered;
2. A copy of training or refresher training course completion certificates to verify that all previously approved instructors have maintained training;
3. Name(s) of any principal or guest instructors to be added to the list of approved instructors and copies of their initial and any refresher training certificates specific to the courses they are to teach; and
4. A statement signed by the training manager stating that:
(i) The training program complies at all times with all requirements in paragraphs (1) through (3) of this Section, as applicable, and;
(ii) The record keeping and reporting requirements of 822-X-1-.04(4) shall be followed.
5. Payment of an annual fee of $100 for each course to be re-registered.
(c) The training manager shall allow Safe State to audit the training program to verify the contents of the application for re-registration as described in 822-X-1-.04(5).
(d) A training program whose training courses are accredited by another state or tribe which has entered into a reciprocal agreement with Safe State in accordance with 822-X-1-.04(7) may, using forms designated by Safe State, register its training or refresher training courses in the Registry by submitting to Safe State a written application for registration which shall include the following:
1. The training program's name, street address, mailing address, and telephone number; and
2. For each training and refresher training course for which it is applying for Safe State registration:
(i) The name of the approved training program manager;
(ii) The name of the approved principal instructor and copies of training and refresher training certificates specific to the course to be taught;
(iii) A list of all other instructors and copies of all initial and refresher training certificates specific to the courses they are to teach;
(iv) A training or refresher training course agenda;
(v) A current certificate of accreditation or letter of training program accreditation from the state or tribe with which Safe State has a written reciprocal agreement; and
(vi) Payment of an annual registration fee of $100 per training or refresher training course to be entered in the Registry maintained by Safe State.
(d) If the accreditation of a training program is suspended, revoked, or modified in accordance with 822-X-1-.07, the training program's listing in the Registry shall likewise be suspended, revoked, or modified.
(e) Training or refresher training course completion certificates issued by a training program not entered in the Registry will not be recognized for purposes of individual accreditation and registration pursuant to 822-X-1-.05(1) or (3) and 822-X-.06(2).
(2) Registration and re-registration of accredited individuals
(a) Accredited individuals shall be entered in the Registry in the following ways:
1. Upon initial accreditation in accordance with paragraph 822-X-1-.05(1), individuals shall be entered in the Registry for one year from the date established in accordance with paragraph 822-X-1-.05(1)(b) without paying a separate fees for registration.
2. Upon re-accreditation in accordance with paragraph 822-X-1-.05(3), individuals shall be entered in the Registry for one year from the date established in accordance with paragraph 822-X-1-.05(3) without paying a separate fees for re-registration.
3. To remain in the Registry during the years between accreditation and re-accreditation (and subsequent re-accreditation), an individual shall:
(i) Submit to Safe State a written application for re-registration using forms designated by Safe State.
(ii) The application for re-registration in a particular discipline must be accompanied by the following fee:
(I) Inspector $150.00 *
(II) Risk Assessor $150.00 *
(III) Supervisor $150.00
(IV) Project Designer $150.00
(V) Renovator $100.00
(VI) Sampling Technician $100.00
(VII) Lead Abatement Worker $40.00
* Any individual who applies for re-registration as an inspector and risk assessor simultaneously will be assessed a total re-registration fee of $200 for the two disciplines.
(3) Electronic document submittals
(a) Required documents may be submitted electronically via Safe State-managed internet sites, electronic mail, facsimile, or other Safe State approved methods in lieu of paper document submissions only if authorization is granted in advance by Safe State. Safe State reserves the right to request that original documentation be submitted at any time, even if authorization for electronic document submittals was previously granted.(New Rule: Filed June 19, 1998; effective July 24 1998. Amended: Filed December 4, 2003; effective January 8, 2004. Amended: Filed November 3, 2009; effective December 8, 2009.)
Authors: John Sikes, Gayle Howell, Kim Whitehurst, Charles Markin, Jason Brasfield
Statutory Authority: Act No. 97-553.
Disclaimer: Throughout this page, you will find links to external websites. While we make every effort to ensure the information on our page is up to date, we hold no responsibility for variation between the official content Section 822-X-1-.06 Registration And Re-Registration Of Accredited Training Courses And Accredited Individuals found on these external sites and our text.