§ 850-X-1-.12. Petitions For Adoption, Repeal, Or Change Of Rule
(1) Any person may petition the Board for the adoption of a new rule or for the repeal or change of any existing rule.
(2) Action by the Board on any such petition shall be as provided in Ala. Code § 41-22 -8 (1991).
(3) In order to be considered, a petition for a rule change shall be in writing and contain the following minimum information:
(a) A title reflecting that the petition seeks the adoption of a new rule, or the modification or repeal of an existing rule or rules.
(b) The petitioner's name, address, and telephone number.
(c) A statement identifying all rules or statutes that may be involved should the relief sought in the petition be granted in whole or in part.
(d) A clear and concise statement or narrative as to why the new rule, or modification or repeal of an existing rule is needed, specifying:
1. the persons or class of persons it would affect and how it would affect them;
2. the benefits and disadvantages of the proposed rule, modification or repeal;
3. the estimated cost or cost savings to the Board or the public;
4. any other reasons why the rule, modification, or repeal should be accepted by the Board;
5. the legal authority for the proposed rule, modification or change;
6. the names and complete addresses of any persons, firms, organizations, and the identity of any class of persons known to the petitioner who would be or could be adversely affected by the proposed rule, modification or repeal.
(e) The reason for submitting the petition, if not apparent from the face of the petition.
(f) Full disclosure of the petitioner's interest.
(g) A statement as to whether the issues presented by the petition are presently under consideration by the Alabama State Board of Social Work Examiners or by any judicial or quasi-judicial body in any pending proceedings, and, if so where.
(h) A certification and signature of Petitioner before a notary public or other person authorized by law to administer oaths that the information contained in the petition is true and correct to the best of petitioner's information and belief, and that the petition has not been filed for any improper purposes, or for delay or harassment.(Repealed and Replaced: Filed: October 31, 1997; Operative December 5, 1997; effective January 1, 1998 (See Rule 850-X-1-.19). Renumbered from 850-X-1-.17Alabama Administrative Monthly Volume XXXIV, Issue No. 12, September 30, 2016, eff. October 30, 2016.)
Rule .17 was renumbered .12 as per certification filed September 15, 2016; effective October 30, 2016.
Author: Alabama State Board of Social Work Examiners
Statutory Authority: Code of Ala. 1975, § 41-22 -8 (1991).
Disclaimer: Throughout this page, you will find links to external websites. While we make every effort to ensure the information on our page is up to date, we hold no responsibility for variation between the official content Section 850-X-1-.12 Petitions For Adoption, Repeal, Or Change Of Rule found on these external sites and our text.