§ 850-X-4-.04. Reconsideration Of Denied Application
(1) A denied application may be reconsidered by the Board, if notice of appeal is filed with the executive director within thirty (30) days after the applicant has been notified of the ruling of the Board.
(2) A hearing shall be held as soon as practicable after filing of the notice of appeal, or at such time agreed upon by stipulation between the applicant and the executive director.
(3) The hearing shall be held by at least a quorum of the Board.
(4) Evidence, including oral testimony, shall be freely admitted. The applicant shall be allowed to have counsel present if desired.
(5) In a reconsideration of denied application, the applicant shall have the burden of establishing to the reasonable satisfaction of the Board that the applicant is entitled to the specific relief requested.
(6) The Board shall issue a final decision within thirty (30) days of the date of the hearing, which shall include findings of fact and official notice taken. The applicant shall be delivered a copy of the decision by first class mail.
(7) The decision of the Board may be appealed as provided in the Code of Ala. 1975, § 34-30 -5 (1991) within thirty (30) days of the decision of the Board.
(8) The record on appeal shall be certified by the executive director of the Board, and shall include the entire record and transcript of the hearing.(Repealed and Replaced: Filed October 31, 1997; effective January 1, 1998 (See Rule 850-X-1-.19). Amended: Filed March 8, 2007; effective April 12, 2007. Amended by Alabama Administrative Monthly Volume XXXII, Issue No. 11, August 29, 2014, eff. September 19, 2014, operative October 4, 2014. Amended by Alabama Administrative Monthly Volume XXXIV, Issue No. 12, September 30, 2016, eff. October 30, 2016.)
Rule .05 was renumbered to .04 as per certification filed March 8, 2007; effective April 12, 2007.
Author: Alabama State Board of Social Work Examiners
Statutory Authority: Code of Ala. 1975, § 41-22 -4 (a) (2) (1991).
Disclaimer: Although Lawrina works hard to ensure the information on this page is accurate and timely, we take no responsibility for deviations from the official text. Section 850-X-4-.04 Reconsideration Of Denied Application may have been updated since our last review. Please refer to official resources for the most accurate information.