§ 880-X-10D-.28. Use of Explosives: General Requirements
(1) Rules 880-X-10D-.28 - 880-X-10D-.32 apply only to surface blasting activities incident to underground mining, including, but not limited to, initial rounds of slopes and shafts.
(2) Each person who conducts underground mining activities shall comply with all applicable State and Federal laws and regulations in the use of explosives.
(3) All blasting operations shall be conducted by experienced, trained, and competent persons who understand the hazards involved. Each person responsible for blasting operations shall possess a valid certification as required by Chapter 880-X-12. A Certified Blaster and at least one other person shall be present during the firing of all blasts.
(4) Blast design.
(a) An anticipated blast design shall be submitted if blasting operations will be conducted within --
1. 1,000 feet from any building used as a dwelling, public building, school, church, or community or institutional building outside the permit area; or
2. 500 feet of an active or abandoned underground mine.
(b) The blast design may be presented as part of a permit application or at a time, before the blast, approved by the Regulatory Authority.
(c) The blast design shall contain sketches of the drill patterns, delay periods, and decking and shall indicate the type and amount of explosives to be used, critical dimensions, and the location and general description of structures to be protected, as well as a discussion of design factors to be used, which protect the public and meet the applicable airblast, flyrock, and ground vibration standards in Rule 880-X-10C-.34.
(d) The blast design shall be prepared and signed by a certified blaster.
(e) The Regulatory Authority may require changes to the design submitted.
Statutory Authority: Code of Ala. 1975, §§ 9-16-71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 80, 81, 82, 83,84, 89, 90, 91, 97.
Disclaimer: All information on this page is frequently updated based on official sources. However, Lawrina cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy of the content for Section 880-X-10D-.28 Use of Explosives: General Requirements. To check for possible violations, please check the official sources.