§ 880-X-10D-.29. Use Of Explosives: Preblasting Survey
(1) At least 30 days before initiation of blasting, the operator shall notify, in writing, all residents or owners of dwellings or other structures located within 1/2 mile of the permit area now to request a preblasting survey.
(2) A resident or owner of a dwelling or structure within 1/2 mile of any part of the permit area may request a preblasting survey. This request shall be made, in writing, directly to the operator or to the Regulatory Authority who shall promptly notify the operator. The operator shall promptly conduct a preblasting survey of the dwelling or structure and promptly prepare a written report of the survey. An updated survey of any additions, modifications, or renovations shall be performed by the operator if requested by the resident or owner.
(3) The survey shall determine the condition of the dwelling or structure and document any preblasting damage and other physical factors that could reasonably be affected by the blasting. Assessments of structures such as pipes, cables, transmission lines, and wells and other water systems shall be limited to surface condition and readily available data. Special attention shall be given to the preblasting condition of wells and other water systems used for human, animal, or agricultural purposes and to the quantity and quality of the water.
(4) A written report of the survey shall be prepared and signed by the person who conducted the survey. The report may include recommendations of any special conditions or proposed adjustments to the blasting procedure which should be incorporated into the blasting plan to prevent damage. Copies of the report shall be provided to the person requesting the survey and to the State Regulatory Authority. If the person requesting the survey disagrees with the results of the survey, he or she may notify, in writing, both the permittee and the State Regulatory Authority of the specific areas of disagreement.
(5) Any surveys requested more than 10 days before the planned initiation of blasting shall be completed by the operator before the initiation of blasting.
Statutory Authority: Code of Ala. 1975, §§ 9-16-71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 89, 90, 91, 97.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this website is consistently reviewed to ensure accuracy. However, we cannot guarantee that Section 880-X-10D-.29 Use Of Explosives: Preblasting Survey is updated to the latest version. Please refer to official resources to confirm information accuracy.