§ 880-X-10D-.03. Signs And Markers
(1) Specifications. Signs and markers required under this Rule shall --
(a) Be posted and maintained, and removed by the person who conducts the underground mining operations;
(b) Be of a uniform design throughout the operation that can be easily seen and read;
(c) Be made of durable material; and
(d) Conform to local laws and regulations.
(2) Duration of maintenance. Signs and markers shall be maintained for the duration of all operations to which they pertain.
(3) Mine and permit identification signs.
(a) Identification signs shall be displayed at each primary point of access from public roads to areas of surface operations and facilities on permit areas for underground mining activities.
(b) Signs will show the name, business address, and telephone number of the person who conducts underground mining operations and the identification number of the current permit authorizing underground mining operations.
(c) Signs shall be retained and maintained until after the release of all bonds for the permit area. The permittee shall be allowed a reasonable time to repair or replace signs that are vandalized or stolen.
(4) Perimeter markers. The perimeter of a permit area shall be clearly marked before the beginning of underground mining operations.
(5) Buffer zone markers. Buffer zones required by Rule 880-X-10D-.26 shall be clearly marked to prevent disturbance by surface operations and facilities.
(7) Topsoil markers. Where topsoil or other vegetation supporting material is segregated and stockpiled as required under Rule 880-X-10D-.09, the stockpiled material shall be clearly marked.
Statutory Authority: Code of Ala. 1975, §§ 9-16-71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 89, 90, 91, 97.
Disclaimer: Although Lawrina works hard to ensure the information on this page is accurate and timely, we take no responsibility for deviations from the official text. Section 880-X-10D-.03 Signs And Markers may have been updated since our last review. Please refer to official resources for the most accurate information.