§ 880-X-8B-.06. Permit Applications - General Requirements For Format And Contents
(1) Applications for permits to conduct surface coal mining and reclamation operations shall be filed in the format required by the State Regulatory Authority. The application shall be complete and include, at a minimum, the following: for surface mining activities, all the applicable information required under Rules 880-X-8D, 880-X-8E, 880-X-8F; for underground mining activities, all the information required under Rules 880-X-8G, 880-X-8H and 880-X-8I; and, for special types of surface coal mining and reclamation operations, all the information required under Rule 880-X-8J.
(2) Information set forth in the application shall be current, presented clearly and concisely, and supported by appropriate reference to technical and other written material available to the State Regulatory Authority.
(3) All technical data submitted in the application shall be accompanied by--
(a) Names of persons or organizations which collected and analyzed such data:
(b) Dates of the collection and analyses; and
(c) Descriptions of methodology used to collect and analyze the data;
(d) Technical analyses shall be planned by or under the direction of a professional qualified in the subject to be analyzed.
(4) The application shall state the name, address, and position of officials of each private or academic research organization or governmental agency consulted by the applicant in preparation of the application for information on land uses, soils, geology, vegetation, fish and wildlife, water quantity and quality, and archaeological, cultural, and historic features.
(a) Maps submitted with applications shall meet the general and specific requirements set out in Rules 880-X-8F-.04, and 880-X-8F-.08.
(b) All maps and plans submitted with the application shall distinguish among each of the phases, during which surface coal mining operations were or will be conducted at any place within the permit area. At a minimum distinctions shall be clearly shown among those portions of the permit area in which surface coal mining operations occurred --
1. Prior to August 3, 1977;
2. After August 3, 1977, and prior to either --
(i) May 3, 1978; or
(ii) In the case of an applicant or operator which obtained a small operator's exemption in accordance with 30 CFR 710.12, January 1, 1979.
3. After May 3, 1978 (or January 1, 1979, for persons who received a small operator's exemption) and prior to the approval of the applicable regulatory program.
4. After the estimated date of issuance of a permit by the Regulatory Authority.
Author: Randall C. Johnson(May 20, 1982; Amended: November 14, 1989; effective: March 7, 1991.)
Statutory Authority: Code of Ala. 1975, §§ 9-16-71, 73, 74, 75, 80, 81, 82, 83.
Disclaimer: Throughout this page, you will find links to external websites. While we make every effort to ensure the information on our page is up to date, we hold no responsibility for variation between the official content Section 880-X-8B-.06 Permit Applications - General Requirements For Format And Contents found on these external sites and our text.