§ 880-X-8B-.07. Permit Fees
(1) Each application for a permit, and each application for a permit revision, renewal or transfer and each application for a coal exploration permit shall be accompanied by a non - refundable fee consisting of a basic fee and an acreage fee. Applications for revisions to or transfers of a permit shall not require an additional acreage fee if no new acreage is added to the increment upon which operations are taking place.
(2) The basic fee for a permit application is Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00); the basic fee for a coal exploration permit application is Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($2, 5 00.00); the basic fee for a permit renewal application is Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($ 2, 5 00.00); the basic fee for a permit transfer application is Five Hundred Dollars ($ 5 00.00); the basic fee for a permit revision application involving only an incidental boundary revision is Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) ; the basic fee for a permit revision application involving an insignificant alteration to the mining and reclamation plan is One Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($1,500.00) and the basic fee for a permit revision application involving a significant alteration to the mining and reclamation plan is Three Thousand Dollars ($3,000.00).
(3) The initial acreage fee shall be Seventy - five Dollars (7 5.00) per acre for each acre in a permit covered by a performance bond . This initial acreage fee shall be paid prior to the initiation of operations on the permit or on an increment if increments are used. In the case of permit renewals, the initial acreage fee shall be paid on all bonded acreage covered by the renewal .
(4) Upon expiration of a permit, an annual acreage fee of Fifteen Dollars ($15.00) per acre shall be paid on an annual basis for each acre covered by a performance bond as of October 1 st of the year. This annual acreage fee for expired permits shall be paid by December 31 st of each year.
(5) The above fee shall be deposited to the Alabama Surface Mining Fund, to be expended by the Commission for the purposes of reviewing, administering, inspecting and enforcing the permit.(Filed July 29, 2008; effective September 2, 2008. Amended by Alabama Administrative Monthly Volume XXXV, Issue No. 11, August 31, 2017, eff. September 30, 2017.)
The operative date of this rule is subject to review and approval from the U.S. Secretary of the Interior.
Author: Randall C. Johnson, Johnathan E. Hall
Statutory Authority: Code of Ala. 1975, §§ 9-16-71, 73, 74, 75, 80, 81, 82, 83.
Disclaimer: At Lawrina, we make every effort to update our content to match the latest officially adopted text. However, we cannot guarantee this page contains the most up-to-date information as amendments to the official sources may have been made. Please refer to the official sources for Section 880-X-8B-.07 Permit Fees for the most accurate material.