§ 880-X-8I-.16. Return Of Coal Processing Waste To Abandoned Underground Workings
(1) Each plan shall describe the design, operation and maintenance of any proposed coal processing waste disposal facility, including flow diagrams and any other necessary drawings and maps, for the approval of the State Regulatory Authority and the Mine Safety and Health Administration under Rule 880-X-10D-.34(6).
(2) Each plan shall describe the source and quality of waste to be stowed, area to be backfilled, percent of the mine void to be filled, method of constructing underground retaining walls, influence of the backfilling operation on active underground mine operations, surface area to be supported by the backfill, and the anticipated occurrence of surface effects following backfilling.
(3) The applicant shall describe the source of the hydraulic transport mediums, method of dewatering the placed backfill, retainment of water underground, treatment of water if released to surface streams, and the effect on the hydrologic regime.
(4) The plan shall describe each permanent monitoring well to be located in the backfilled area, the stratum underlying the mined coal, and gradient from the backfilled area.
(5) The requirements of Paragraphs (1), (2), (3), and (4) of this Rule shall also apply to pneumatic backfilling operations, except where the operations are exempted by the State Regulatory Authority from requirements specifying hydrologic monitoring.
Author: Randall C. Johnson(May 20, 1982. Amended: Filed September 21, 1993; effective November 20, 1993.)
Statutory Authority: Code of Ala. 1975, §§ 9-16-71, 73, 74, 75, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 88, 90, 91, 92, 96.
Disclaimer: All information on this page is frequently updated based on official sources. However, Lawrina cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy of the content for Section 880-X-8I-.16 Return Of Coal Processing Waste To Abandoned Underground Workings. To check for possible violations, please check the official sources.