§ 880-X-8J-.03. Reclamation Of Abandoned Lands Within New Permits
(1) This Rule is intended to encourage the reclamation of previously abandoned surface mined areas within the new permit area by allowing the use of abandoned mined areas as off-site spoil placement.
(2) Once application has been made pursuant to this Rule the State Regulatory Authority may issue a special permit for off-site placement of spoil in abandoned mined areas upon its determination that such operation will result in the reclamation of said areas in accordance with reclamation standards established by these regulations.
(3) A completed permit for purposes of this Rule shall be the incorporation of the abandoned mined areas into the overall permit application being submitted.
(4) In addition to other required information, a permit application requesting off-site spoil placement in abandoned mine areas shall --
(a) Identify on the permit map the exact location and area of the abandoned lands relative to the proposed permit area;
(b) Describe the existing conditions of the abandoned lands; and
(c) Describe the proposed reclamation plan for the abandoned lands.
(5) Abandoned land acreage included in a permit shall not be considered in establishing a bond for the permit.
Statutory Authority: Code of Ala. 1975, §§ 9-16-71, 73, 74, 75, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 88, 90, 91, 92.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this website is consistently reviewed to ensure accuracy. However, we cannot guarantee that Section 880-X-8J-.03 Reclamation Of Abandoned Lands Within New Permits is updated to the latest version. Please refer to official resources to confirm information accuracy.