§ 880-X-8K-.11. Permit Conditions
Each permit issued by the Alabama Surface Mining Commission shall be subject to the following conditions:
(1) The permittee shall conduct surface coal mining and reclamation operations only on those lands that are specifically designated as the permit area on the maps submitted with the application and authorized for the term of the permit and that are subject to the performance bond or other equivalent guarantee in effect pursuant to Chapter 880-X-9.
(2) The permittee shall conduct all surface coal mining and reclamation operations only as described in the approved application, except to the extent that the Alabama Surface Mining Commission otherwise directs in the permit.
(3) The permittee shall comply with the terms and conditions of the permit, all applicable performance standards of the Act, and the requirements of the regulatory program.
(4) Without advance notice, delay, or a search warrant, upon presentation of appropriate credentials, the permittee shall allow the authorized representatives of the Secretary and the Alabama Surface Mining Commission to --
(a) Have the right of entry provided for in Chapter 880-X-11; and
(b) Be accompanied by private persons for the purpose of conducting an inspection in accordance with chapter 880-X-11 when the inspection is in response to an alleged violation reported to the Alabama Surface Mining Commission by the private person.
(5) The permittee shall take all possible steps to minimize any adverse impact to the environment or public health and safety resulting from noncompliance with any term or condition of the permit, including, but not limited to --
(a) Any accelerated or additional monitoring necessary to determine the nature and extent of noncompliance and the results of the noncompliance;
(b) Immediate implementation of measures necessary to comply; and
(c) Warning, as soon as possible after learning of such noncompliance, any person whose health and safety is in imminent danger due to the noncompliance.
(6) As applicable, the permittee shall comply with Section 880-X-2B-.01 and Chapter 880-X-3 or 880-X-10 for compliance, modification, or abandonment of existing structures.
(7) The operator shall pay all reclamation fees required by 30 C.F.R. Chapter VII, Subchapter R of federal regulations for coal produced under the permit for sale, transfer or use, in the manner required by that subchapter.
(8) Within thirty days after a Federal cessation order under 30 C.F.R. 843.11 or a State cessation order under 880-X-11C-.02 is issued for operations conducted under the permit, except where a stay of the cessation order is granted and remains in effect the permittee shall either submit to the Alabama Surface Mining Commission the following information, current to the date the cessation order was issued, or notify the Alabama Surface Mining Commission in writing that there has been no change since the immediately preceding submittal of such information:
(a) Any new information needed to correct or update the information previously submitted to the Alabama Surface Mining Commission by the permittee under 880-X-6A-.06(d), or
(b) If not previously submitted, the information required from a permit applicant by 880-X-6A-.06(d).
Author: Randall C. Johnson(Original Filed November 14, 1989; effective March 7, 1991. Amended: September 12, 1991; effective June 10, 1992.)
Statutory Authority: Code of Ala. 1975, §§ 9-16-71, et seq.
Disclaimer: All information on this page is frequently updated based on official sources. However, Lawrina cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy of the content for Section 880-X-8K-.11 Permit Conditions. To check for possible violations, please check the official sources.