§ 880-X-8N-.11. Qualified Laboratories
(a) As used in this Rule qualified laboratory means designated public agency, private consulting firm, institution, or analytical laboratory which can provide the required determination or statement under this Program.
(b) The State Regulatory Authority shall establish procedures to qualify laboratories.
(c) Persons who desire to be included in the list of qualified laboratories established by the State Regulatory Authority shall apply to the State Regulatory Authority and provide such information as is necessary to establish the qualifications required by Paragraph (2) of this Rule.
(2) Basic Qualifications.
(a) To qualify for designation, the laboratory shall demonstrate that it --
1. Is staffed with experienced, professional personnel in the fields of hydrology, mining engineering, aquatic biology, geology or chemistry applicable to work to be performed.
2. Is capable of collecting necessary field data and samples.
3. Has adequate space for material preparation, necessary cleaning and sterilization equipment, stationary equipment, storage, and space to accommodate periods of peak work loads.
4. Meets the requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Act or the equivalent State safety and health program.
5. Has the financial capability and business organization necessary to perform the work required.
6. Has the analytical, monitoring, and measuring equipment capable of meeting the applicable standards and methods contained in --
(i) Standard Methods For The Examination Of Water And Waste Water, 14th Edition, 1975. This publication is available from the American Public Health Association, 1015 18th Street, NW, Washington, D. C. 20036.
(ii) Methods For Chemical Analysis Of Water And Waste, 1974. This publication is available from the Office of Technology Transfer, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Industrial Environmental Research Laboratory, Cincinnati, Ohio 45268. These standards are hereby incorporated by reference.
7. Has the capability of making hydrologic field measurements and analytical laboratory determinations by acceptable hydrologic engineering or analytical methods, or by those appropriate methods or guidelines for data acquisition recommended by the State Regulatory Authority or other Federal or State agencies.
(b) The qualified laboratory shall be capable of performing either the determination or statement under Rule 880-X-8N-.10(2)(a) or (2)(b). Subcontractors may be used to provide the services required provided their use is defined in the application for designation and approved by the State Regulatory Authority.
Statutory Authority: Code of Ala. 1975, §§ 9-16-71, 73, 74, 75, 80, 81, 82, 83.
Disclaimer: Lawrina has made every attempt to ensure the information on this page is accurate, but we cannot guarantee that Section 880-X-8N-.11 Qualified Laboratories is a replica of the current official text. Please use the external links to official resources for the latest version.