§ 910-X-2-.02. Authority Organization
(1) The Authority shall be composed of a board of underground facility protection stakeholders. The board shall be composed on one subject matter expert representative from each of the following stakeholders. The Authority consists of seventeen members, appointed as follows:
(a) By the Governor:
1. One representative of Alabama County Engineers
2. One representative of the cable television industry
3. One representative of the electric utility industry
4. One representative of the municipal utility operator industry
5. One representative of the natural gas distribution industry
6. One representative of the one call notification center
7. One representative of the professional excavator industry
8. One representative of the professional road builders industry
9. One representative of the land survey industry
10. One representative of the telecommunications industry
11. One representative of the transmission pipeline industry
12. One representative of the utility facility locating industry
13. One representative of the water utility industry
14. One representative of the wastewater industry
(b) By specified entities:
1. One representative of the Alabama Attorney General's Office
2. One representative of the Alabama Public Service Commission- gas pipeline safety
3. One representative of the Alabama Department of Transportation
(2) No member of the board, individually or jointly, shall be civilly liable for acts within the scope of his or her duties as a board member which are made in good faith and are absent unreasonable, wanton, willful, intentional conduct or a violation of federal law.
(3) The members of the Authority board shall serve without compensation.
(4) Nothing in this chapter shall grant the Authority jurisdiction over damage to utilities located above the ground.
(5) Board members shall not participate in any enforcement action decisions pertaining to the entity they represent.
(6) The Authority shall be governed by the Alabama Administrative Procedures Act.(Adopted by Alabama Administrative Monthly Volume XXXVIII, Issue No. 12, September 30, 2020, eff. November 14, 2020.)
Author: Underground Damage Prevention Authority
Statutory Authority: Code of Ala. 1975, § 37-15-10.1(h), (i), (j), (k), (m).
Disclaimer: The information provided on this website is consistently reviewed to ensure accuracy. However, we cannot guarantee that Section 910-X-2-.02 Authority Organization is updated to the latest version. Please refer to official resources to confirm information accuracy.