§ 910-X-2-.04. Officers
(1) The Authority shall elect a chairman and other officers as the Authority deems necessary.
(2) The officers of the Authority shall be as follows:
(a) Chairman - The Chairman shall preside at all meetings of the Authority and discharge the duties of the presiding officer, shall be the principal executive officer of the Authority, may sign contracts and other instruments authorized by the Authority, except in cases where the Authority shall expressly delegate that authority to another member, and shall perform whatever other duties the Authority may from time to time prescribe. The Chairman may also function as the Chair of the Executive Committee.
(b) Vice-Chairman - The Vice-Chairman shall, in the absence of the Chairman, perform the duties and exercise the powers of the Chairman. The Vice-Chairman shall also perform whatever duties and have whatever powers the Authority may from time to time assign. The Vice-Chairman may also function as the Vice-Chairman of the Executive Committee.
(c) Secretary - The Secretary shall attend all meetings of the Authority and shall keep or cause to be kept, true and complete minutes of the proceedings of those meetings. The Secretary shall give or cause to be given, notice of all meetings of the Authority, shall be the Public Records Compliance Officer and whatever additional duties the Authority may from time to time prescribe.
(d) Treasurer - The Treasurer shall keep full and accurate accounts of receipts and disbursements and shall deposit all Authority monies and other valuable effects in the name and to the credit of the Authority in a depository or depositories designated by the Authority. The Treasurer shall disburse the funds of the Authority and shall render to the Chairman or the Authority, whenever they may require it, an account of the transactions as Treasurer and the financial condition of the Authority.
(3) Combination of Offices. Nothing herein shall prohibit the combination of the duties of Secretary and Treasurer and those offices being held by one member of the Authority.
(4) Other Officers. Such other officers as are created from time to time by the Authority shall have such duties as may be assigned to them by the Authority in the minutes of meetings duly adopted, or by Resolution of the Authority.
(5) Terms. The term of each office shall be two years. Officers shall not hold a particular office for more than two consecutive two-year terms without a majority vote of the Authority members.(Adopted by Alabama Administrative Monthly Volume XXXVIII, Issue No. 12, September 30, 2020, eff. November 14, 2020.)
Author: Underground Damage Prevention Authority
Statutory Authority: Code of Ala. 1975, § 37-15-10.1(g).
Disclaimer: Lawrina makes great effort to keep legal information accurate and updated. However, we cannot guarantee that Section 910-X-2-.04 Officers is an exact copy of the official text as updates may have been made. Please check the accuracy of the information provided against the official resources.