§ 910-X-2-.05. Authority Operations
(1) Rule Making Authority. The Authority shall make such rules and regulation as may be necessary to carry out the provisions of the statute.
(2) Meetings and Notice. The Authority shall meet at the location and on the date and time set by the Chairman upon at least five business days' notice provided by United States mail, electronic mail or personal delivery to every Authority member. Scheduled meeting dates, times, and locations shall be published in the Authority's minutes.
(3) The Authority shall meet no more than quarterly based on need relative to the hearing of enforcement proceeding appeals.
(4) Meetings. Members of the Authority board and executive committee may participate in a meeting of the board or committee by means of telephone conference, video conference, or similar communications equipment by means of which all persons participating in the meeting may hear each other at the same time. Participation by such means shall constitute presence in person at a meeting for all purposes.
(5) Quorum. A quorum will be represented from a simple majority of the current Authority Membership.
(6) Voting. All members of the Authority including the Chairman shall be entitled to vote and to make or second motions. A majority vote of those present is required to pass a motion. Members expecting to be absent for a vote may provide written comments as to their position; however, they may not grant a vote by proxy.
(7) Action without a Meeting. Any action required or permitted may be taken without a meeting if the action is noticed to all Authority Members and approved by a majority of the Members of the Authority. The action must be evidenced by one or more written consents describing the action taken, and delivered to the Secretary for inclusion in the minutes or filed with the appropriate records.
(8) Robert's Rules of Order. The Chairman shall conduct each Authority meeting in accordance with Robert's Rules of Order. Committee meetings of the Authority shall be conducted in a like manner.(Adopted by Alabama Administrative Monthly Volume XXXVIII, Issue No. 12, September 30, 2020, eff. November 14, 2020.)
Author: Underground Damage Prevention Authority
Statutory Authority: Code of Ala. 1975, §§ 37-15-10.1(g), (h), (l), 37-15-10.2(i).
Disclaimer: Throughout this page, you will find links to external websites. While we make every effort to ensure the information on our page is up to date, we hold no responsibility for variation between the official content Section 910-X-2-.05 Authority Operations found on these external sites and our text.