§ 930-X-1-.08. Inactive License/Temporary License
The Board may issue an inactive license to any veterinarian or licensed veterinary technician, providing the license is in good standing and the licensee meets all conditions and requirements for the otherwise active renewal of his or her license each year. This license is provided only to those who wish to maintain a license in Alabama but who are not currently practicing veterinary medicine in Alabama.
(1) The inactive license holder shall not resume the practice of veterinary medicine in Alabama until he or she has contacted the Board office for activation of his or her license. Practicing veterinary medicine without holding an active license is grounds for disciplinary action.
(2) Continuing education requirement is not waived for inactive license holders and should be maintained in a file in the event the licensee is audited by the Board.
(3) The fee for inactive license and late renewal fee will be in accordance with Rule 930-X-1-.06.
(4) The board may issue a temporary license to practice veterinary medicine to an unlicensed applicant providing the applicant meets all conditions and requirements of the Veterinary Practice Act relating to qualifications of applicants for license to practice veterinary medicine. The temporary license fee shall be posted in fees (930-X-1-.06).
(5) The Board may issue a temporary faculty license to practice at an Alabama college or school of veterinary medicine to an unlicensed applicant providing the applicant meets all conditions and requirements of the faculty license. The temporary license fee shall be posted in fees (930-X-1-.06).(Repealed and New Rule: Filed December 18, 1997; effective January 22, 1998. Amended: Filed January 10, 2007; effective February 14, 2007. Amended: Filed November 28, 2012; effective January 2, 2013.)
Author: Alabama State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners
Statutory Authority: Code of Ala. 1975, § 34-29-71.
Disclaimer: Lawrina has made every attempt to ensure the information on this page is accurate, but we cannot guarantee that Section 930-X-1-.08 Inactive License/Temporary License is a replica of the current official text. Please use the external links to official resources for the latest version.