§ 950-1-12-.33. Statutory Authority
Title 44, Code Of Ala. 1975
(1) § 44-1-27(a) - "The Department is authorized and directed to establish and promulgate reasonable minimum Standards for the construction and operation of detention facilities, Programs for the prevention and correction of Youth delinquency, in service Training for probation officers, consultation from local officials and subsidies to local delinquency projects. The Standards shall include, but not be limited to, reasonable minimum Standards for detention facilities, foster care facilities, group homes, and correctional institutions."
(2) § 44-1-27(b) - "No county, city, public or private agency, group, corporation, partnership, or individual shall establish, maintain, or operate any detention facility or foster care facility for Youths found delinquent or in need of supervision by a juvenile court, without a license from the Department. A license shall be required on an annual basis or as determined by the Department. The Department shall revoke the license of any city, county, or public or private agency, group, corporation, or individual conducting, operating, or acting as a detention facility, or foster care facility caring for children and Youths alleged or adjudged to be delinquent or in need of supervision, that fails to meet the Standards prescribed by the Department. The Department is authorized to visit and inspect any public or voluntary detention facility, foster care facility or group homes as it deems necessary."
(3) § 44-1-24 - The Department shall perform the following duties and functions:
(4) "License and subsidize foster care facilities or group homes for Youths alleged to be delinquent pending Hearing before a juvenile court or adjudged delinquent following Hearing, including detention, examination, study, care, treatment, and Training."
(6) "Make and enforce all rules and regulations which are necessary and appropriate to the proper accomplishment of the duties and functions vested in the Department by law with respect to youth services and which do not conflict with or exceed the provisions of law vesting such duties and functions in the department."(New Rule: Filed December 17, 2004; effective January 21, 2005. Amended by Alabama Administrative Monthly Volume XXXVII, Issue No. 02, November 30, 2018, eff. December 21, 2018.)
Author: Alabama Department of Youth Services, Office of Licensing and Standards
Statutory Authority: Code of Ala. 1975, §§ 44-1-27(a)(b), 44-1-24(4)(6), 38-13-4.
Disclaimer: Lawrina makes great effort to keep legal information accurate and updated. However, we cannot guarantee that Section 950-1-12-.33 Statutory Authority is an exact copy of the official text as updates may have been made. Please check the accuracy of the information provided against the official resources.