§ 950-1-13-.15. Facility Services
(1) The short-term detention facility documents that the Facility's system of dietary allowance is reviewed at least annually by a dietitian to ensure compliance with nationally recommended food allowances.
(2) The short-term detention facility menus are planned in advance and that the schedule is substantially followed.
(3) In the planning and preparation of all meals, the food flavor, texture, temperature, appearance, and palatability are taken into consideration.
(4) The short-term detention facility's food service plan provides for a single menu for staff and juveniles.
(5) Written Policy, Procedure, and practice provide for special diets as prescribed by appropriate medical and dental personnel.
(6) Written Policy prohibits the use of food as a disciplinary measure. (MANDATORY)
(7) The short-term detention facility's food service complies with applicable sanitation and health codes of the Alabama Health Department. (MANDATORY)
(8) The Facility requires that three meals, of which at least two are hot, are provided at regular times during each 24 hour period. There are no more than fourteen hours between the evening meal and breakfast.(New Rule: Filed December 17, 2004; effective January 21, 2005. Amended by Alabama Administrative Monthly Volume XXXVII, Issue No. 02, November 30, 2018, eff. December 21, 2018.)
Author: Alabama Department of Youth Services, Office of Licensing and Standards
Statutory Authority: Code of Ala. 1975, §§ 44-1-27(a)(b), 44-1-24(4)(6), 38-13-4.
Disclaimer: All information on this page is frequently updated based on official sources. However, Lawrina cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy of the content for Section 950-1-13-.15 Facility Services. To check for possible violations, please check the official sources.