§ 950-1-13-.16. Sanitation And Hygiene
(1) The short-term detention facility complies with Alabama Health Department sanitation and health codes and is inspected annually. (MANDATORY)
(2) The short-term detention facility potable water source and supply is approved by an independent outside source to be in compliance with jurisdiction laws and regulations. (MANDATORY)
(3) The short-term detention facility provides for the control of vermin and pests.
(4) There is a written plan for the housekeeping of the Facility's physical plant.
(5) The Facility's supply of clothing, linen, and bedding exceeds that required for the Facility's maximum juvenile population.
(6) The Facility provides for the issue of suitable clean bedding and linen, including two sheets, pillow and pillowcase, one mattress and sufficient blankets to provide comfort under existing temperature controls.
(7) Written Policy, Procedure, and practice provide for a shower schedule which allows for daily showers.
(8) Written Policy, Procedure, and practice require that articles necessary for maintaining proper personal hygiene are provided to all juveniles.(New Rule: Filed December 17, 2004; effective January 21, 2005. Amended by Alabama Administrative Monthly Volume XXXVII, Issue No. 02, November 30, 2018, eff. December 21, 2018.)
Author: Alabama Department of Youth Services, Office of Licensing and Standards
Statutory Authority: Code of Ala. 1975, §§ 44-1-27(a)(b), 44-1-24(4)(6), 38-13-4.
Disclaimer: At Lawrina, we make every effort to update our content to match the latest officially adopted text. However, we cannot guarantee this page contains the most up-to-date information as amendments to the official sources may have been made. Please refer to the official sources for Section 950-1-13-.16 Sanitation And Hygiene for the most accurate material.