§ 950-1-13-.08. Size, Organization, And Location
(1) The Facility design facilitates optimal visual and auditory observation of juveniles. (MANDATORY)
(2) The short-term detention facility does not exceed a bed capacity of sixteen juveniles.
(3) If the short-term detention facility is on the grounds of any other correctional facility, it complies with federal guidelines regarding sight and sound separation. (MANDATORY)
(4) Written Policy and Procedure provide that a short-term detention facility or special purpose facility be constructed or an existing Facility be expanded only after a needs evaluation study has been completed in cooperation with the Department of Youth Services.
(5) The number of juveniles at the Facility does not exceed rated bed capacity. (MANDATORY)(New Rule: Filed December 17, 2004; effective January 21, 2005. Amended by Alabama Administrative Monthly Volume XXXVII, Issue No. 02, November 30, 2018, eff. December 21, 2018.)
Author: Alabama Department of Youth Services, Office of Licensing and Standards
Statutory Authority: Code of Ala. 1975, §§ 44-1-27(a)(b), 44-1-24(4)(6), 38-13-4.
Disclaimer: At Lawrina, we make every effort to update our content to match the latest officially adopted text. However, we cannot guarantee this page contains the most up-to-date information as amendments to the official sources may have been made. Please refer to the official sources for Section 950-1-13-.08 Size, Organization, And Location for the most accurate material.