§ 10411. Process to Amend a Facility Compliance Plan
(a) A facility compliance plan shall be drafted in such a manner as to reflect a range of operating parameters that will anticipate future operations and which provide flexibility to the Plan Applicant.
(1) In the event a facility seeks a modification of operational terms beyond that contemplated and authorized by the facility compliance plan, the facility shall submit an amended facility compliance plan for consideration. The amended plan shall be reviewed pursuant to the provisions identified in Section 10410 for a new facility compliance plan.
(2) Only the portion of the plan which is being amended will be subject to review by the permitting authorities.
(3) No additional requirements shall be imposed within an amended facility compliance plan except as they are specifically applicable to the subject of the activity for which the amendment is sought.
(A) A facility compliance plan shall be subject to any provision of law or regulation adopted subsequent to the approval of the plan. At the request of a permitting authority, a facility operating under a facility compliance plan may be required to incorporate language within the plan to reflect compliance with laws and regulations adopted subsequent to the initial determination of completeness and adequacy.
(B) A facility shall submit an amended facility compliance plan to a permitting authority whenever submission of an amended application for an environmental permit, for which the facility compliance plan is a substitute, would otherwise be required by law.
(5) If a provision of a facility compliance plan is found by a permitting authority to cause or threatens to cause a threat to public health or safety, or harm to the environment, the plan shall be subject to immediate modification to remove that threat or harm.
(c) To the extent not otherwise authorized by law or regulation, amendment of a facility compliance plan is not required for any of the following:
(1) Any physical change, process change, change in method of operation, addition to or any change in hours of operation, or change in the production rate, provided the change does not result in an increase in or change, in the nature of emissions or discharges from the facility beyond that contemplated in the facility compliance plan;
(2) A change in ownership, or operator;
(3) Routine maintenance and repair;
(4) Equivalent replacement of an existing facility structure, building, apparatus, or equipment, provided the replacement will not result in an increase in the nature or amount of emissions or adds a new emission parameter inconsistent with the overall emission limits set by the facility compliance plan, and/or
(5) Replacement of equipment resulting in an increase or decrease in emissions or discharges released to the environment, provided the increase is consistent with the terms of the facility compliance plan setting overall emission limits.(1. New section filed 5-22-97; operative 6-21-97 (Register 97, No. 28).)
Note: Authority cited: Sections 71035.1 and 71305.2, Public Resources Code. Reference: Sections 71035.4, 71035.6 and 71035.8, Public Resources Code.
Disclaimer: All web pages on Lawrina contain links to official external sources. While we work hard to ensure our content is up to date, accurate, and legal, please refer to the official information found on these links for the latest version of Section 10411 Process to Amend a Facility Compliance Plan.