§ 20270. CIWMB - Location Restrictions: Airport Safety. (T14:s17258.10)
(a) Owners or operators of new Municipal Solid Waste Landfill units (MSWLF), existing MSWLF units, and lateral expansions of MSWLF units that are located within 10,000 feet (3,048 meters) of any airport runway end used by turbojet aircraft or within 5,000 feet (1,524 meters) of any airport runway end used by only piston-type aircraft must demonstrate that the units are designed and operated so that the MSWLF unit does not pose a bird hazard to aircraft.
(b) Owners or operators proposing to site new MSWLF units and lateral expansions located within a five-mile radius of any airport runway end used by turbojet or piston-type aircraft must notify the affected airport and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
(c) The owner or operator must place the demonstration made pursuant to paragraph (a) of this section in the operating record and notify the EA that it has been placed in the operating record.
(d) Existing MSWLF units that cannot make the demonstration specified in s20270(a) pertaining to airports must:
(1) close by October 9, 1996, in accordance with s21110 of this article;
(2) conduct postclosure activities in accordance with s21110 of this article; and
(3) conduct closure and postclosure activities in accordance with applicable sections of Chapter 4, and Chapter 6, of this Division.
(e) The deadline for closure required by paragraph (a) of this section may be extended up to two years if the owner or operator demonstrates to the CIWMB that:
(1) There is no available alternative disposal capacity; and
(2) There is no immediate threat to human health and the environment.(1. New section filed 6-18-97; operative 7-18-97 (Register 97, No. 25).)
Note: Authority cited: Sections 40502, 43020 and 43021, Public Resources Code. Reference: Sections 40508 and 43103, Public Resources Code; and Title 40, Code of Federal Regulations, Sections 258.10 and 258.16.
Disclaimer: Throughout this page, you will find links to external websites. While we make every effort to ensure the information on our page is up to date, we hold no responsibility for variation between the official content Section 20270 CIWMB - Location Restrictions: Airport Safety. (T14:s17258.10) found on these external sites and our text.