§ 21130. CIWMB - Emergency Response. (T14:s17766)
Water quality protection aspects for emergency response plan are addressed in s21132.
(a) The operator shall maintain a written postclosure emergency response plan at the facility or at an alternate location as approved by the EA. The emergency response plan must identify occurrences that may exceed the design of the site and endanger public health or the environment. The plan shall describe specific procedures that minimize these hazards to protect public health and safety. The events that the plan shall address include, but are not limited to: vandalism, fires, explosions, earthquakes, floods, the collapse or failure of artificial or natural dikes, levees or dams; surface drainage problems; and other waste releases.
(b) The emergency response plan shall contain the following:
(1) identification of events which could require the implementation of emergency response actions. This section shall not apply to the gas monitoring provisions;
(2) a description of the actions to be taken, and the sequence and implementation timetable needed to mitigate the conditions; and
(3) a statement regarding the general availability of equipment required to mitigate each type of emergency.
(c) The operator shall amend the emergency response plan under the following conditions:
(1) whenever a failure or release occurs for which the plan did not provide an adequate response;
(2) when the postclosure land use and/or structures on the site change and these changes are not addressed in the existing plan; or
(3) if the EA notifies the operator in writing that the current emergency response plan is inadequate under the provisions of this section. The notifying agency shall include within the written notice the items the plan needs to consider for it to comply with this section. The operator shall submit an amended emergency response plan to the EA within thirty (30) days of notification of an inadequacy.
(d) Whenever the operator amends the emergency response plan pursuant to ¶(c)(1 or 2), the operator shall submit a written copy of the amended plan to the EA.(1. New section filed 6-18-97; operative 7-18-97 (Register 97, No. 25).)
Note: Authority cited: Sections 40502 and 43020, Public Resources Code; and Section 66796.22(d), Government Code. Reference: Sections 43021 and 43103, Public Resources Code; and Sections 66796.22(d) and 66796.22(g), Government Code.
Disclaimer: All web pages on Lawrina contain links to official external sources. While we work hard to ensure our content is up to date, accurate, and legal, please refer to the official information found on these links for the latest version of Section 21130 CIWMB - Emergency Response. (T14:s17766).