§ 21660.4. Substitute Meetings in Place of EA-Conducted Informational Meetings
The EA may substitute the meeting required under § 21660.2 with a previously held public meeting on the same project, as described in the solid waste facilities permit application package and associated CEQA documents, if the public meeting took place within one year prior to the date the EA accepted the application as complete and correct, and the applicant does not object. In order for this substitution to be valid, the EA must have been involved in the previously held meeting to the degree of being present, recognized by the presider of the meeting, and available to answer questions regarding solid waste facilities permitting specifications from the public, other entities, or officials in attendance at the meeting.
(a) Content of Notice of New and Revised Full Permit Applications Using Substituted Meeting or Hearing
When a previously held public meeting is to be used to substitute for the meeting requirements in § 21660.2 the EA shall prepare and distribute a notice pursuant to § 21660.4(b) regarding the application for a new or revised full solid waste facilities permit as follows:
(1) Name and location of the facility or proposed facility.
(2) Solid waste facilities permit/facility number (for existing permits).
(3) Date and purpose of previously held public informational meeting.
(4) Date the EA accepted the solid waste facilities permit revision/new full permit application.
(5) Description of the solid waste facilities permit revision(s)/new full permit.
(6) EA's preliminary determination pursuant to § 21665.
(7) Statement indicating where additional information about the application is available (date, time, and location) for public review.
(8) Options for submitting comments.
(9) Information on the availability of appeals to challenge the EA's issuance or denial of a revised or new permit pursuant to Public Resources Code § 44307.
(10) EA and operator contact information.
(b) Notice Distribution for New and Revised Full Permit Application for Substituted Meeting or Hearing
In addition to the requirements in § 21660(a) the EA shall prepare a notice that contains information pursuant to § 21660.4(a) and distribute the notice as follows:
(1) Posting of notice prepared and posted by the EA on the EA's or the local jurisdiction's public notice board, if one exists, and
(2) 10 days prior to the EA making a final determination, the EA shall post the notice in the manner set forth in Government Code § 65091, subdivisions (a)-(c), inclusive and with Public Resources Code § 44004, subdivisions (h)(1)(A-C), and
(3) 10 days prior to the EA making a final determination, the EA shall mail or deliver the notice to the governing body of the jurisdiction within which the facility is located and to the State Assembly Member and the State Senator in whose districts the facility is located, and
(4) The EA may undertake additional measures to increase public notice to any persons who may be interested in the application, including but not limited to additional posting at the facility entrance, noticing beyond 300 feet if the nearest residence or business is not within 300 feet of the site, posting in a local newspaper of general circulations, and multilingual notice.(1. New section filed 3-14-2007; operative 4-13-2007 (Register 2007, No. 11).)
Note: Authority cited: Sections 40502, 43020 and 43021, Public Resources Code. Reference: Sections 43103, 44004 and 44012, Public Resources Code.
Disclaimer: Lawrina has made every attempt to ensure the information on this page is accurate, but we cannot guarantee that Section 21660.4 Substitute Meetings in Place of EA-Conducted Informational Meetings is a replica of the current official text. Please use the external links to official resources for the latest version.