§ 21730. SWRCB - Public Participation. (C15: s2592)
(a) Notification Of Interested Parties -To ensure adequate public participation in any RWQCB proceeding relating to land disposal of wastes, the following persons and entities shall receive individual notice of any public hearing or board meeting either involving the classification of Units or involving the issuance or revision of WDRs for classified Units subject to this division:
(1) the discharger and responsible public agencies;
(2) news media serving the county as well as communities within five miles of the Unit;
(3) citizens groups representing local residents;
(4) environmental organizations in affected counties;
(5) interested industrial organizations; and
(6) for an MSW landfill at which a release has migrated beyond the facility boundary, any persons requiring notification pursuant to SWRCB Resolution No. 93-62 [see 40CFR258.55(g)(1)(iii)].
(b) Notice Requirements -Notice of hearings or meetings related to Units, or to discharges subject to this division, shall be given not less than 45 days before the meeting at which such actions will be taken, and copies of the agenda package shall be available not less than 30 days before the meeting. Nevertheless:
(1) enforcement actions involving releases of hazardous wastes can be taken at meetings which comply only with the shorter (10-day) notice requirements of the California State Body Open Meetings Act; and
(2) emergency actions [as described in s647.2(d) Government Code)] taken by the RWQCB are exempt from public participation and notice requirements.
(c) Public Input Regarding a Proposed Corrective Action Program -Regarding the adoption of corrective action measures for an MSW landfill, including any hearing preparatory to such adoption, the RWQCB shall meet the federal requirements incorporated by reference into SWRCB Resolution No. 93-62 [i.e., see s258.56(c & d) and s258.57 of 40CFR258].(1. New section filed 6-18-97; operative 7-18-97 (Register 97, No. 25).)
Note: Authority cited: Section 1058, Water Code. Reference: Sections 13172, 13260 and 13302, Water Code; and Section 43103, Public Resources Code.
Disclaimer: Lawrina makes great effort to keep legal information accurate and updated. However, we cannot guarantee that Section 21730 SWRCB - Public Participation. (C15: s2592) is an exact copy of the official text as updates may have been made. Please check the accuracy of the information provided against the official resources.