§ 25607.36. Rental Vehicle Exposure Warnings Methods of Transmission
(a) A warning for an exposure that occurs through the rental of a "motor vehicle", as defined in Vehicle Code section 415 (hereafter "rental vehicle"), meets the requirements of this subarticle if the warning complies with the content requirements in Section 25607.37, and is provided in a type size no smaller than the largest type size used for other consumer information, as defined in Section 25600.1(c), for the method selected. In no event should the warning be printed in smaller than 6 point type. The warning must be prominently displayed and provided to the renter prior to the renter's use of the vehicle, using one or more of the following methods:
(1) The warning is printed in the rental agreement or on the rental ticket jacket.
(2) The warning is provided on a hang tag which is hung from the rear view mirror in the rental vehicle.
(3) The warning is provided on a sign, in no smaller than 22-point type size, that is posted at the counter or similar area of the rental facility where rental transactions occur, where it will be likely to be seen, read, and understood by the renter during the process of renting the vehicle.
(4) The warning is provided in an electronic rental contract.
(5) The warning is provided in a confirmation email that is sent to the renter's email address.
(6) The warning is provided through a clearly marked hyperlink using the word "WARNING" on the on-line reservation page, or by otherwise prominently displaying the warning to the renter prior to completing the on-line reservation.
(b) In the alternative, a business may meet the requirements of this section by providing a warning following the methods for Vehicle Exposure Warnings set forth in Section 25607.16.(1. New section filed 7-1-2019; operative 10-1-2019 (Register 2019, No. 27).)
Note: Authority cited: Section 25249.12, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Sections 25249.6 and 25249.11, Health and Safety Code.
Disclaimer: Lawrina has made every attempt to ensure the information on this page is accurate, but we cannot guarantee that Section 25607.36 Rental Vehicle Exposure Warnings Methods of Transmission is a replica of the current official text. Please use the external links to official resources for the latest version.