§ I-1601. Purpose
A. The purpose of this Chapter is to implement the Motion Picture Investor Tax Credit Program as established by R.S. 47:6007.
B. This Chapter shall be administered to achieve the following:
1. to encourage development of a strong capital and infrastructure base within the state for the motion picture and related industries;
2. to achieve a self-supporting, independent, indigenous industry; and
3. to encourage development of state of the art motion picture production and post-production facilities:
a. in the short-term, to attract private investors in state-certified productions and state-certified infrastructure projects;
b. in the long-term, to encourage the development of a skilled state workforce trained in the film and video industry.
C. This Chapter shall apply to any person:
1. claiming a credit;
2. transferring or selling a credit; or
3. acquiring a credit under this program.(Promulgated by the Department of Economic Development, Office of Business Development, Office of Entertainment Industry Development and the Office of the Governor, Division of Administration, LR 36:52 (January 2010).)
AUTHORITY NOTE: Promulgated in accordance with R.S. 47:1125.1.
Disclaimer: All information on this page is frequently updated based on official sources. However, Lawrina cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy of the content for Section I-1601 Purpose. To check for possible violations, please check the official sources.