§ I-1639. Credits
A. Application of the Sound Recording Investor Tax Credits
1. The sound recording investor tax credit can be used to offset taxes, penalties and interest.
B. Recapture of Credits
1. If the Department of Economic Development and the Department of Revenue find that funds for which an investor received credits according to this program are not invested in and expended with respect to a state-certified production within 24 months of the date that such credits are earned, then the investor's state income tax for such taxable period shall be increased by such amount necessary for the recapture of credit provided by this program.
2. Credits previously granted to a taxpayer, but later disallowed, may be recovered by the secretary of the Department of Revenue through any collection remedy authorized by R.S. 47:1561 and initiated within three years from December 31 of the year in which the 24 month investment period specified in the above Paragraph ends.
3. The only interest that may be assessed and collected on recovered credits is interest at a rate three percentage points above the rate provided in Civil Code Article 2924(B)(1), which shall be computed from the original date of the return on which the credit was taken.
1. As a condition for receiving certification of tax credits under this Section, state-certified productions may be required to display the state brand or logo, or both, as prescribed by the secretary of the Department of Economic Development.(Promulgated by the Department of Economic Development, Office of Business Development, and the Department of Revenue, LR 34:1350 (July 2008), amended by the Department of Economic Development, Office of Business Development, Office of Entertainment Industry Development, LR 36:307 (February 2010).)
AUTHORITY NOTE: Promulgated in accordance with R.S. 47:6023.
Disclaimer: At Lawrina, we make every effort to update our content to match the latest officially adopted text. However, we cannot guarantee this page contains the most up-to-date information as amendments to the official sources may have been made. Please refer to the official sources for Section I-1639 Credits for the most accurate material.