§ I-1902. Inventory Tax Credits
A. Tax Credits for Local Inventory Taxes Paid. R.S. 47:6006 allows a credit for ad valorem taxes paid to local governments on inventory held by manufacturers, distributors, and retailers.
B. Application to Corporations. All entities taxed as corporations for Louisiana income or corporation franchise tax purposes shall claim any credit allowable for inventory taxes paid by them on their corporation income and corporation franchise tax return. This includes, but is not limited to:
1. S corporations;
2. partnerships taxed as corporations for income tax purposes;
3. limited liability companies (LLC's) taxed as corporations for income tax purposes.
C. Application to Individuals, Estates, and Trusts
1. All individuals shall claim on their individual income tax returns any credit allowable for inventory taxes paid by them.
2. Estates or trusts shall claim on their fiduciary income tax returns any credit allowable for inventory taxes paid by them.
D. Application to Partnerships. Any credit allowable for inventory taxes paid by partnerships not taxed as corporations shall be claimed on the returns of the partners as follows.
1. Corporation partners shall claim the credit on their corporation income or corporation franchise tax returns.
2. Individual partners shall claim the credit on their individual income tax returns.
3. Partners that are estates or trusts shall claim the credit on their fiduciary income tax returns.(Promulgated by the Department of Revenue, Policy Services Division, LR 27:1705 (October 2001).)
AUTHORITY NOTE: Promulgated in accordance with R.S. 47:6006 and R.S. 47:1511.
Disclaimer: Although Lawrina works hard to ensure the information on this page is accurate and timely, we take no responsibility for deviations from the official text. Section I-1902 Inventory Tax Credits may have been updated since our last review. Please refer to official resources for the most accurate information.